How To Lay Artificial Grass On Decking In Oceanside?
Artificial grass can offer a low-maintenance and stylish solution if you’re looking to add a touch of greenery to your decking or balcony. As long as it’s properly installed, an artificial grass installation can look great and last for many years. Here are 7 top tips on how to successfully lay artificial grass on decking:
- Make sure you measure up correctly, including any slopes or obstacles that may be present in the area you want to cover with artificial grass. This will ensure that you buy enough turf from the start and avoid having to patch up small areas afterwards.
- Before you begin laying the turf, make sure any existing dirt, weeds and debris are removed from the area. This will ensure that your artificial grass has a clean slate to work with, making for an even finish overall.
- To avoid any future weeds growing through the turf, construct a base of crushed stone or hard core and cover it with weed membrane before laying the grass.
- Get help if you need it! Make sure that each strip of turf is butted up tight against its neighbour to avoid any gaps appearing once it’s in place. For best results, use joining tape and adhesive glue to keep everything firmly together.
- Take care when securing the edges; make sure they are held in place with small nails or U-pins, spaced at 25cm intervals.
- Once the turf is laid in position, you may need to cut around any obstacles such as trees, posts or railings. This can be done with a sharp knife or heavy-duty scissors.
- Use a stiff bristled lawn brush to fluff up the artificial grass fibres and help them stand upright again after being compressed during installation. This will create an even more realistic finish and make your decking look its best!
Can You Put Artificial Turf On Decking?
Yes, you can put artificial turf on decking. As long as it’s properly installed and any existing debris is cleared away before laying the turf, an artificial grass installation can look great and last for many years. It’s also important to install a weed membrane and secure the edges of the turf with nails or U-pins.
What Is The Best Base To Put Under Artificial Grass?
The best base to put under artificial grass is generally a layer of crushed stone or hard core. This should then be covered with a weed membrane before laying the turf to ensure that no weeds grow through over time.
What Do You Put Down Before Fake Grass?
Before laying fake grass, it’s important to clear away any existing dirt, weeds and debris and install a weed membrane. This will ensure that the turf has a clean slate to work with and prevent any weeds from growing through over time.
It is possible to lay artificial grass on decking or balconies, but it’s important to do the job correctly. With these 7 tips, you can create a luxurious green space that looks and feels great. For more information, contact Artificial Grass Oceanside at (760) 656-6090.