How To Install Artificial Grass Around Water Features In Oceanside?
Artificial grass can be a great way to add beauty, texture and color to your garden. Whether you want to create an oasis or dress up the area around your water feature, artificial grass can help give it that extra special touch. Here are seven tips to help you install artificial grass around water features.
- Make sure you select quality products when installing artificial grass around any body of water. This is especially important if the area will be exposed to water frequently such as near a waterfall or large pond. Choose turf with a strong backing and resistant materials such as Polyethylene and Polypropylene for durability and longevity.
- Artificial turf drains quickly so ensure the area has adequate drainage before laying down the turf. If necessary, consider installing a drain system to ensure the artificial grass will not become saturated and waterlogged.
- Before laying the artificial turf, lay down a base layer of clean gravel or crushed stone and compact it with a tamper for extra stability. This will help protect the underlying ground from moisture damage as well as provide good drainage for the grass itself.
- Use a sharp knife to measure and cut your turf to fit securely around your water feature. Ensure that you leave an adequate amount of space between any edges that may come into contact with water so they do not lift or become damaged due to swelling caused by moisture.
- Use a strong adhesive to secure the turf around your water feature and then use metal pins or stakes to hold it down. If you are using landscape fabric, make sure that all of the edges are sealed properly.
- Once the artificial grass is laid and secured, fill in any cracks or gaps with soil and preferably some sand for extra stability.
- Artificial grass will fade over time when exposed to direct sunlight so use a quality UV protectant at least once a year to help prolong its life.
What To Do With Sprinklers When Installing Artificial Turf?
Sprinklers must be moved so they are not spraying into the artificial turf. If necessary, consider installing a separate irrigation system to ensure adequate water coverage for your artificial grass.
Can I Install Artificial Turf Around A Pool?
Yes, you can install artificial turf around pools but it is important to make sure the turf is secured properly and that there is no contact with chlorine or other harsh chemicals. Consider using an anti-chlorine spray before installation for extra protection.
Can You Lay Artificial Grass Directly On Soil?
No, artificial grass should never be laid directly on soil. A base layer of clean gravel or crushed stone must be installed first to ensure adequate drainage and provide a sturdy foundation for the turf.
It is possible to install artificial grass around water features with proper planning and preparation. By following these tips, you can ensure that your artificial turf will last for years and provide a beautiful backdrop for any outdoor space. For more information, contact Artificial Grass Oceanside at (760) 656-6090.